Dryer Vent Cleaning Kit And Cost
Dryer Vent Cleaning: Dirty dryer ducts aren’t just disgusting, they’re a serious fire hazard. In fact, one major cause of house fires is dusty, lint-filled dryer ductwork. Even if a grimy dryer duct doesn’t immediately do damage to your home, it’ll waste your time, energy and money.
A dryer connected to a duct filled with lint and other debris won’t work well either. If your dryer once polished off wet loads in one cycle or less but now needs two or even three, check your venting. Chances are it’s not your dryer that’s faulty — just clogged ductwork that’s to blame.
Dryer vents clog when enough lint accumulates in the system to cause a blockage. Dryer vent ducts can clog in a variety of ways. For one, a long dryer vent run will clog quicker because the lint has too far to go. It clogs toward the end of the run first where the airflow is slower.
Secondly, if there are turns or curves in the ductwork, lint will build up there. And I if the transition hose is crushed from the back of the dryer that connects to the ductwork, you get less airflow causing clogged dryer vents. On the outside of the house is a termination vent. Those can get lint stuck on them which also creates a clogged dryer vent duct.
Dryer Vent Hose
Dryer vent pipes properly called vent ducts, come in a variety of materials. Most dryer ducts are round and four inches in diameter. Some are flexible and others are rigid. Since all types are sold for use with dryers, you would naturally assume that all are suitable for this application.
Unfortunately, that is not the case. Vinyl duct, and in some situations, all flexible duct, is not allowed by building codes. Also, dryers may come with the manufacturer’s specifications for ducting to use with a particular model. Here are the most common dryer duct materials you might use to install a dryer vent. Most, if not all, can be found at your local hardware or home improvement store.
- Aluminum Foil Duct
- Semi-Rigid Metal Duct
- Slim Duct
- Rigid Metal Duct
- Plastic or Vinyl Duct
Dryer Vent Cleaning Kit
Deflecto Dryer Duct Cleaning Kit
The toughest part of cleaning out your dryer vent is that it’s difficult to reach deep enough into the ductwork. The Deflecto Dryer Duct Cleaning Kit comes with a synthetic 4” brush head with 6 rods that extend to 12 feet when you put them all together.
Holikme Dryer Vent Cleaning Kit
Dryer vent cleaners Holikme Dryer Vent Cleaning Kit comes with a 29-inch long flexible dryer lint brush, a 25-inch flexible hose, attachment, and around soft brush vacuum attachment.
Holikme Long Flexible Brush
This long flexible dryer vent cleaning brush is long with a narrow brush head, which makes it ideal for narrower lint trap openings. The brush has a wooden handle, flexible steel rod, and a durable and stiff brush for collecting dryer lint and debris.
Indoor Dryer Vent
- When it comes to the best-reviewed indoor dryer vent, BetterVent Indoor Dryer Vent wins the race with 4.4 stars based on the reviews on Amazon. It is pretty much similar to a dry machine. It saves you from the hassle of messy water-cleaning as it doesn’t require water.
- If you are on a budget but don’t want to compromise on the quality of your indoor dryer vent, then Dundas Jafine CHK100ZW6 Vent is the best fit for you. Although it just costs $11.61, its various features make it a good bargain.
- After going through a number of different dryer vents that can be used indoors when outdoor venting is not possible, we finally choose Dundas Jafine ProFlex Indoor Dryer Vent as the best indoor dryer vent. It is the most suitable option for flats, recreational vehicles, and condominiums.
- Are you concerned about fire hazards when it comes to indoor dryer venting? If yes, then Deflecto Dryer Lint Trap Kit is what you need! It has been listed by the Underwriters Laboratory (UL) for safe indoor venting, thus minimizing the chances of incidents due to heat and electricity.
Dryer Vent Wizard
Over time, lint and debris accumulate in dryer vents and cause clogs that can lead to a number of dryer vent problems including decreased efficiency. When airflow in a dryer vent is restricted due to clogs, there is an increased risk of fire, carbon monoxide poisoning, wasted energy and time, and excessive wear to clothing, among other negative effects.
There are over 15,500 dryer fires each year, and many could have been easily prevented by professional dryer vent cleaning. Dryer Vent Wizard of Central Ohio’s skilled and experienced technicians provide thorough dryer vent cleaning to combat lint accumulation and hazardous clogs.
How Often Should A Dryer Vent Be Cleaned?
Dryer exhaust vents should be inspected and cleaned at least once a year depending on the size of the household and dryer usage. “I have four children and do lots of laundries, so I clean it three times a year,” said Smith.
How Do I Clean The Dryer Vent?
The vent on a clothes dryer can become clogged with lint over time, causing the dryer to dry less efficiently and resulting in dangerous house fires. To clean your dryer vent, remove the outside cover on the vent, and use a special lint brush with an extendable handle to clean the inside of the pipe.
How Do I Know If My Dryer Vent Needs Cleaning?
- Excess Dry Times. One of the first signs that your dryer vent is clogged is when your clothes are no longer fully drying during a regular dry cycle.
- Burning Smell. Have you noticed a burnt odor coming from your dryer whenever you have a load going?
- Hot Exterior.
- Sizable Lint.
How Much Does It Cost To Have Someone Clean Your Dryer Vent?
Unfortunately, not many people are in the habit of doing so, causing the debris to build up inside and clog the dryer vent. Professional dryer vent cleaning costs from $90 to $450. The cost may, however, increase if you require additional services, such as mold removal, or additional supplies are needed.