If there’s one thing American homeowners love, it’s a lush, green lawn. Lawns are the most grown crop in the U.S., after all. To make sure your lawn looks nice and green, you need to make watering and irrigation top priorities. Do you have concerns about lawn irrigation system cost? Are you unsure of what you’ll need to spend on lawn maintenance? If so, read on to learn everything you need to know.
Lawn Irrigation Methods
There are a few different irrigation methods you can use to water your lawn. The following are the most popular:
- Surface Irrigation: This method involves temporarily flooding the ground while containing the water within the yard
- Drip Irrigation: This method places pipes around specific plants that you want to irrigate
- Sub Irrigation: The method places a water source in the ground below the area you want to water
- Sprinkler System: This method sprays water across the top of your lawn; it is the most common and most practical
The type of irrigation you choose will play a major role in its total cost. Once you’ve decided on an irrigation technique, though, there are other factors to consider.
Other Factors That Affect Lawn Irrigation System Cost
Since sprinkler systems are the most popular, we’ll focus on them specifically when it comes to costs.
When calculating the cost of sprinkler systems, there are lots of factors to think about, including these:
- Size of your yard: How much grass do you need the sprinklers to water?
- Number of sprinklers needed: The bigger your yard, the more sprinklers you’ll need (this will increase the price of the system)
- Installation costs: Are you paying someone to install the sprinklers for you?
Based on these details, the average sprinkler system in the U.S. can range from $1,759 to $3,350.
Lawn Maintenance Tips
Knowing the sprinkler system cost for your yard is important, but you also need to know how to water your lawn and use your system. These bonus tips will help you make the most out of your irrigation system:
- Position sprinkler heads appropriately: Make sure they overlap a little bit in their coverage areas
- Maintain sprinklers: Check them on a regular basis for clogs and leaks, both of which can affect coverage and lead to dry spots
- Don’t over-water: Under-watering will kill your grass, but over-watering can cause flooding, which also isn’t good for your lawn’s long-term health
Consider working with a professional when installing your sprinklers, too. As the experts at https://hydrodynamicscorp.com/ have pointed out, a professional knows what it takes to set up your sprinklers and make sure you don’t have any dry patches in your yard.
Level Up Your Lawn Irrigation
Now that you know more about lawn irrigation system cost and the factors that affect it, do you feel more confident choosing a system for your yard? Keep this information in mind, including the tips on maintaining your lawn, so you can keep it looking great all year round.
If you need more advice on lawn care, we have lots of other resources available on our site. Visit the Home Improvement section today to keep learning.