Even a very clean and well-maintained home can have issues with pests. Pest control is nothing to be embarrassed about, and it’s an issue nearly every homeowner has to address at some point. By hiring a well-respected pest control service Denver provider you can protect your home, property, and possessions from damage and keep your family safe and secure. Pest issues can vary and there are many types of pests that can affect a home. Here are some of the most common pests and the damage they cause.
Common Household Pests
- Ants: often an issue during warmer parts of the year ants can easily migrate from your yard or surrounding land into your home. Ants can lead to painful bites and make your home uncomfortable. Many pest control experts have specialized methods to deal with ants.
- Termites: a termite infestation can cause severe damage to your home. While seldom harmful to humans a long-term termite infestation can damage wooden structures in your home. This can lead to expensive repairs and renovation if left unchecked.
- Mice or Rats: a common home intruder rodents are of the most dangerous types of pests found in homes. Rodents can spread dangerous diseases to you and your family and can make your home unsafe by chewing on wires and damaging your home’s electrical system.
- Roaches: among pests roaches are one of the hardest to get rid of. Roaches contaminate food, spread illness, and can worsen asthma conditions in your home. While there are several over-the-counter roach treatments available professional assistance is needed to permanently remove them from your home.
- Flies: when you think of household pests flies are usually not the first pest you think of, but they can be a problem. Flies cause contamination and spread illnesses such as salmonella. Pest control experts not only kill the flies but also their eggs making your home safe again.
Pests are a part of homeownership and should be looked at like any other maintenance or repair need. Much like you would hire a plumber to fix a leak you should hire a pest control expert to deal with any unwanted insects or animals in your home. You shouldn’t ignore pest animals as over time they make your home less comfortable, can spread illness, and cause damage leading to expensive repairs (especially in the case of termites). If you think you have a pest problem or see any signs there may be one contact a professional today.